Every home in the U.S. is now eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. Order your tests at COVIDTests.gov. For frequently asked questions, visit www.covidtests.gov/faq/.
The tests available for order:
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 30 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests
Additionally, health insurance providers must now pay for at-home COVID test kits, per federal law. Customers can be reimbursed for up to eight tests per month per individual or receive them at no cost from participating "in-network" pharmacies. The Express Scripts (ESI) program has not yet developed all the specifics on how the mandate will be administered. If an employee purchases OTC COVID-19 tests out of pocket, they should state they have coverage, and save their receipt in order to submit for reimbursement (reimbursement is limited to $12/test). Once claim forms and more information on the process are available, this information will be shared.